Forsooth! Don't mix vacation up with migration.....

I posted this to my Facebook account after my first year of living in Russia, and was about to start my second - I thought it would be apt to share both the poem and the video I posted, having just started my fourth year!


Forsooth, my friend; 
will it ever end?
I'm here for a little bit longer;
as time goes by, 
I'm still flying high; 
and each day I'm getting stronger!

A year has passed,
"It'll never last"; 
were the cries of many the 'nay-sayer'
if only they knew,
I would see things through
for I'm nothing if not "a stayer"!

I'd done it before,
and such was the draw; 
I decided to do it again;
of course then I was bolder, 
and now I'm just older
and maybe a little less sane

But "Russia is bad,
you'll be lonely and sad
and the weather? It is most unwelcome!"; 
but I've showed my mettle
and here I will settle
to Ekaterinburg I have come!

White Winter first, then Green Winter too;
there are, I'm told, but two seasons
and I like it here, there's nothing to rue; 
so to stay? I have many reasons!

It's not a vacation, 
so it must be migration, 
though the twain, they should not be mistaken;
but my friends, it would seem
you can follow a dream
and your life is not always forsaken.

Follow your heart,
and your head if you're smart,
together they will give you some thought;
and though it seems wrong, 
you just be headstrong 
and your wishes? Well yes, they'll be caught.

There'll be no Volte face
I've left that rat-race 
and here I feel so at home; 
me? I feel good, 
and so I should; 
there's nowhere left to roam!

so you believe what I have to tell, 
for what I have said is my truth;
and my belief can be yours as well
t'is to find, my friend, forsooth!

If the video doesn't play.....follow the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mIQ3YE54Gw

Clive

Comments