Stuffed roast pepper idea

I like the occasional stuffed pepper - quick and easy, tasty and nutritious, and you can stuff 'em with whatever you fancy!

ready to roast - stuffed peppers
Make sure you buy suitable sized and shaped peppers - the need to stand on a tray, so not too 'pointy',unless you want to trim them!

These are stuffed with a singled diced chicken breast and mixed vegetables (I cheated and used a frozen mix that included sweetcorn, peas, small pieces of broccoli and cauliflower, diced carrots) and I added some diced mushrooms!

Put all the ingredients into a pan and simmer away with a small amount of whatever sauce you choose (if it is too wet the peppers will break!) - I made a basic cream sauce and added some mustard powder and smoked paprika, and some thyme -all dried, about 1/2 a teaspoon of each, plus a little herby sea-salt and cracked rainbow peppercorns.

Pre-heat the oven to 180C, slice off the tops of the peppers and de-seed (I have set the seeds aside for my greenhouse!), and rub the inside and outside with olive oil. 

Stuff the peppers with your mixture of choice(!), put the tops back on, and roast until the peppers start to wrinkle and colour (I used to use a chef's blowtorch to finish, but I no longer have one!).

Roasted chicken'n'veg. stuffed pepper served with buckwheat

You can serve with your choice of garnish, this one I served with buckwheat!
Enjoy yours any which way you like it!! 

Comments